can you dash over sandtex painted existing dash?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I live in a 30s semi which has the original roughcast or dash finish and has also been painted with white masonry paint over the years. We've renently had the wall ties dones so would like the whole thing put back to a natural dash finish. As the dash it quite sound does it need to come off back to brick or could you seal it and use it as a scratch coat for a top coat of render/dash? Any help much appreciated thanks.

Sponsored Links
darran74

I asked my mate a plasterer at weekend about this he says as long as the old finish is sound an secure use it as a key scratch coat

sorry its taken awhile for an answer :)

Sponsored Links
Moz said:
darran74

I asked my mate a plasterer at weekend about this he says as long as the old finish is sound an secure use it as a key scratch coat
sorry its taken awhile for an answer :)

bit slow moz but dont ask me again.

JB,

sorry to hijack the post but you know the question i asked about the catnick and i showed you a piccie of the new extension ?

Well i was also thinking of going over the original render as well in order to try and get it all looking as simular as possible. Am i ok to just go over original with a 10mm coat and call it a do ? i was hoping to loose the rough finish and go for a smoother look ?

Cheers.

Mick

Mick Leek

yes if the old finish is secure an sound ...

jbonding
right eh ...whatever lol :)

Ok cheers Moz,

So all will be ok ? do i need to add anything to the mix as the weather here is Russia can drop to -40 in the winter ?

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back