Can you drain underfloor heating pipes?

Sponsored Links
there is what I assume to be the prv pipe sticking out of the wall on the outside, it's located just below the level of the bottom of the boiler (would drain to garden). There is no evidence of it reappearing on the inside of the flat, hiding behind the wallpaper I guess.

there is what I assume to be the prv pipe sticking out of the wall on the outside, it's located just below the level of the bottom of the boiler (would drain to garden). There is no evidence of it reappearing on the inside of the flat, hiding behind the wallpaper I guess.

From your photo mate it doesn't look like it's ever been connected!!.... :eek:

To be fair to the 'cowboy' I can't actually see any PTFE on the threads, he was just a bit generous on the olives. PRV not being present would be more cause for concern though.

That's just as bad, it should only be Boss White used on olives. PTFE on compression olives is poor workmanship. A smear of (joint paste) Boss White on olives is all that's required. Tightening the fittings with dry olives or PTFE round them is not the way to do it.

+1

Sponsored Links
From your photo mate it doesn't look like it's ever been connected!!.... :eek:

I bet it was connected to the previous boiler / system and they've just not bothered when fitting the new combi... Would this be a quick job for a plumber to connect or an involved task?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back