Can you flush a closed central heating system this way?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a combi boiler system and have moved pipes around, new radiators, etc. Bit broke now and can't afford the power flush. Can I connect a hosepipe to the drain point in the return pipe pipe below the boiler, cut into the outgoing water pipe from the boiler and add another "drain point", then hook a hosepipe up to it from the mains and flush the system with mains water pressure and expect a fairly good result?

Sponsored Links
No need to even be that complicated. You have the mains already connected to the system via the filling loop.

As long as you ensure the water is going around the system rather than straight out of the drain, it will be as good as any powerflush ;)

No need to even be that complicated. You have the mains already connected to the system via the filling loop.

As long as you ensure the water is going around the system rather than straight out of the drain, it will be as good as any powerflush ;)
If you don't then you'll have a very clean 1 foot section of pipe. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links

:LOL: You do the thinking then, me lift stuff, smash things, sweep up, fetch tool.

I'm going to assume that's the case and that the boiler has a non return valve in it but if not should be obvious by lack of black gunk appearing...

If when you move to the next radiator you do not get any further muck out, you will have to check it is flowing the correct way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back