fitting a central heating flushing point

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have had a look around and i can't find a drain point to flush my system , i have however found a red stopcock below the boiler which is connected to both the flow and return pipes to and from the boiler , can this be used to isolate the boiler instead of using the red and blue plastic taps , would i fit the drain off point on the return pipe then use the filling loop to flush the water through a hose attached to the new connection, not familiar with different fittings , what would be the best set up ?

thanks[/b]

Sponsored Links
that sounds like a bypass leave it alone look at it again how is it going to isolate the heating if its between flow and return?

i see what you mean now i think about it , anyway where would be the best place to fit a drain point to flush the system using the filling loop , the filling loop is connected to the return so if i connected it to the flow and opened both of them it would only flush through the boiler wouldn't it? how do i make sure i'm getting the water coming back from the radiators?don't know if i'm making any sense at all

thanks

Sponsored Links
Have a look at F A Qs number 5 near top of forum it may help you
if you need to fit drain cocks they should go in at the lowest point in the system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back