Can You Get 12mm Cold Water Tank Valves?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The valve in my cold water tank is dripping slightly, even when the tank is full. I've fitted the usual refurb kit, but it's still dripping slightly. The next step, even with my very basic plumbing skills would be to replace the complete valve, but when I took a closer look, the pipe to the existing valve seems to be around 12mm rather than the usual 15mm. This is connected to the 15mm pipe right next to the valve using a combined elbow/reducer. I don't really fancy soldering on a new elbow this close to the tank, so I wondered if it's possible to get valves to fit the 12mm pipe. I've had a quick look and can't find anything.

Does anyone know if/where I can get one?

Sponsored Links
I don't really fancy soldering on a new elbow this close to the tank
Then use push-fit or compression instead.

I wondered if it's possible to get valves to fit the 12mm pipe. I've had a quick look and can't find anything.

Does anyone know if/where I can get one?
Don't know - you could ask the question in a plumbers' merchant, but TBH you'll make life much easier for yourself in the future if you bite the bullet and fit a commonly available component this time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back