Can you get an Electric Shower with traditional riser??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to get an electric shower which has a more traditional look? I am installing a new bathroom into our 1840s house and have to put an electric shower in but do not wish to have a modern looking shower or a large box on the wall.

I have seen Triton do a remote heating element that can be placed in the loft above the shower. Is it possible to get something similar where I can choose a seperate riser and head for the shower in the style that we desire?

Thanks for any help or advice you can give!

Sponsored Links
if you use triton wirelss shower you have to use the riser that comes with that shower as they carry the suppy pipe from the loft through ceiling.
they can be fitted with the supply connector on the wall, but changing the shower head can sometimes reduce the performance of the shower and of cause triton won't validate the guarentee.

I don't think any sort of "Traditional" looking head would work with the very low amount of water flow available. You only get about 4 litres/minute.

The guarantee validation is a good point that I hadn't thought of. Thanks

Do you know if any other manufacturers do remote/wireless heating boxes?

Sponsored Links
their are many wireless showers now.
not sure about an electric shower one. why must it be electric ?

We already have a Mixer shower in another bathroom in the house. This runs from a combi boiler. When hot water is drawn from another source in the house the shower losses all heat & pressure. Therefore we would be unable to run both showers at the same time.

It would also be useful to have an electric shower in case the boiler failed.

an electric shower and a combi shower both rely on the pressure and flow from your incoming water main.

unless you have an unusually good supply they will not be satisfactory if used at the same time.

hooray for cylinders

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back