Traditional bath shower mixer - thermostatic control?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am planning a bathroom refurb, using traditionally styled fittings. I have a shower cubicle, yet would like to add a shower over the bath too (only for rinsing hair). I was looking at traditional style tap/mixer combos like this https://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog/bristan-art-deco-bath-shower-tap-d-bsm-c-cd

My fitter has pointed out that all the traditional style mixers are non-thermostatic (contemporary ones seem to be available in thermostatic or manual) and that this would be unsafe where my kids are concerned. I tend to agree. He suggested a solution involving a blending valve on the hot side, but this would obviously limit the bath filling to 40 degrees, which my missus would be most unhappy with! Another idea was to fit a standard shower over the bath, but this may look bit odd and be a bit bulky (even with using a simple head holder instead of a riser rail?)

I would welcome any suggestions!

Cheers,
Richard.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back