Candle wax on glass windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a house where there is candle wax on the windows. I have tried scraping it off but cannot remove it - it just seems to smear. Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
deniser said:
I have just moved into a house where there is candle wax on the windows. I have tried scraping it off but cannot remove it - it just seems to smear. Any ideas??

Could try the old absorbant paper and iron trick, hopefully won't break the windows !

try a cloth diped in a bowl of boiling water, dip a cloth in it and then clean the window straight away. Try a touch of vinegar in it as well.

I'm surprised it smears, if the window is fairly cold (early morning) I'd expect the wax to be hard enough to crack and scrape off with a razor blade.

If it is soft and greasy, try a sample with white spirit on a piece of kitchen roll.

Sponsored Links
You sure its candle wax? :eek: sounds more like lard :confused:
If it smeers, won't it just rub off with a dry cloth?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back