Candy CDi 1012 Dishwasher smell???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My candy cdi1012 dishwasher stinks, my kitchen has been smelling everytime I use it so it took out the plastic filter and the small metal tray on the bottom and there is 1-2 inches of water sitting in the void under the metal tray which stinks the exact same smell as we have been having the problem with, should this water be there? also the dishwasher seems plumbed in ok its into my sink above the u bend, the drian pipe is at full reach to get to the sink but is in ok, also the pipe goes up obviously from the bottom of the dishwasher into the sink drain so cant see how this water would ever drain away???

Sorry I dont know alot about plumbing or dishwashers for that matter thats why I have described it in laymans terms, thanks for any help this smell is driving us nuts!!!

Sponsored Links
that amount of water is normal under the filter. you would need to run a dishwasher cleaner through it a few times (finish do a lemon scented one) to rid the smell though

I have tried a few different cleaners through it, and have just bought candys own cleaners but still stinks!

Sponsored Links
Is the hose running striaght down from the sink spigot ? If so then what ever goe's down the sink can also run into the appliance and this causes smells the hose needs to be raised above the spigot to stop water running down also not using it regularly causes smells. Ideally the appliance should be on a standpipe as being on a spigot doesent help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back