Candy CDI 1012 Problem...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got 2 problems...

1- DIY is not my game :unsure:

2 - My dishwasher isn't working

Set a normal run yesterday, shut the door and then it beeped but wouldn't start... tried the whole turn off turn on thing but no joy :( Now tonight I've tried to start it again but this time it is stuck on programme 4 (even when I turn the power off and on again)..

There is some water gathered at the bottom, i took the filter out and cleaned it but still no joy...

Any help please :LOL:

Sponsored Links
The model number isn't complete (there are several versions). Open the door & look for a sticker on the door lip....post what you find. If your model doesn't have an LCD display any error code will be manifested by flashing pilot lamps.

Turn the machine on. With the door open try a reset by pressing (& holding down) the program selector button until all the LED's flash. If you get that far re-select a new program & see what happens. If it stops before the program is completed & some of the LED's flash note the sequence as this indicates an alarm code.

Sponsored Links
ok tried that, managed to re set it set a new programme closed the door and it beeped once... then after about 2/3 mins it beeped (bit like an alarm)..

2 beeps...pause..2 beeps...pause and so on

P4 LED flashing & an audible alarm only tell you there is a fault, it doesn't say what the fault is. I am pretty certain you have a drain issue, either the sink spigot or drain hose is clogged, something is jamming the pump impellor, or the pump is defective. Error codes on this model are manifested by all the program LED's flashing is unison. If you want to confirm my suspicions with an error code do as follows: Open the door, turn the machine on & press the program selector button for 60secs (until LED 1 & 4 flash together). Do not close the door! LED's 1 & 4 should go dark in around 5secs then the last stored error should be displayed by the flashing of all LED's in unison (in a specific pattern). Note what this is... If it doesn't show the last error close the door & a test program should initiate.

okay..

so I ran the 60sec test as you mentioned -

at the end all 4 LED's flashed together (approx every sec)

After this P3 Flashed brightly with P1,2,4 solid but faint

Then P1,P2 flashed brightly with P3,4 solid but faint..

Then P1,4 on their own flashing brightly.

What does this tell me?... Its all gonna be ok in a min?! :D

THANKS ZIPPER!!

Oh dear, this isn't good news :(
There are only 4 error conditions on this model (some cover multiple issues). A drain problem is manifested by all 4 program LED's flashing repeatedly in unison; three flashes - pause - three flashes. Your machine doesn't exhibit any kind of valid error code so I'm afraid that points to a defective pcb. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :cry:

okay sorry for the delayed reply... it got put to the bottom of the pile :)

I think I may a mistake last time when trying to get an error code...eeek!

Basically i've now got an error code: P2 & P3 flashing in unison 3 times then pause, and so on?!

Is this what you are looking for? :)

If you have already removed & cleaned the filters then you need to check for a drain problem.
Could be a jammed pump impellor, defective pump, blocked/constricted drain hose, clogged sink spigot, pressure switch jammed on "full", break in wiring, or a defective pcb....Check the first three & report back.

Ok, latest on the dishwasher:

There was water building up at the bottom (where the filter is) so I cleared all this out and cleared the drainage hose...managed to get the dishwasher to run a cycle!! :)

However, half way through it beeps and when I open it the Programme 4 is flashing and there is a build up of foam and water in the bottom...

Does this narrow it down?

THANKS!!

If you have done everything I suggested earlier but still have an intermittent drain issue then change out the drain pump. It may be defective or the non-return flap could be sticking http://www.unifit.co.uk/products/91200173 At 19 quid this is the cheapest deal you'll find....they normally retail at £30+.

Hi I have a problem in that once my cycle has finished it's wash my dishes are not clean and lights p1,p2&p3 stay illuminated on permantly but I don't get any alarm beeps can anyone help please!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back