Candy CS455M dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with a Candy CS455M dishwasher tripping the house RCCD.
the program starts fills up & trips RCCD
Checked the element has a resistance of 30 ohms & resistance to earth from the element is 60.9 on the 200K ohm scale on Multimeter
if i disconect the element it does not trip if both the wires or 1 particular wire is conected it trips.
Would welcome advice if Is it most likley the eliment at fault or is there anything else I should check before I buy one.

Thanks
David

Sponsored Links
A multimeter is no good to check for earth faults, you need a 500v megger for this. Multimeters only put out a few volts, & if you read 60k ohm on a multimeter then you can bet your boots it has an earth fault. Change the element....

I have a problem with a Candy CS455M dishwasher tripping the house RCCD.
the program starts fills up & trips RCCD
Checked the element has a resistance of 30 ohms & resistance to earth from the element is 60.9 on the 200K ohm scale on Multimeter
if i disconect the element it does not trip if both the wires or 1 particular wire is conected it trips.
Would welcome advice if Is it most likley the eliment at fault or is there anything else I should check before I buy one.

Thanks
David

Hi David

I have the same problem you had with your machine. My wife flooded the machine and I think the element is now damaged. I have bought a replacement but not sure where the element is situated although I haven't had a good look yet. Any ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back