Candy dishwasher with stuck on-off button

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The on/off button on my dishwasher is stuck in the depressed position and nothing is happening with the machine. Can anyone suggest a remedy? The model is CDI 1012/2 - 80. I'd be really grateful if I can avoid calling someone in to repair this as my central heating boiler has also broken down and I'm going to need all my money to get that fixed! :(

Thanks for reading.

Sponsored Links
Usually the control panel has to be removed to fix a stuck or busted on/off button (power off first). Candy dishwashers are prone to button issues due to weak plastic fixtures. Are you sure of the model number? It doesn't look right to me.

Hello Zipper,

Thanks for your reply.

I didn't buy the dishwasher myself but I have the manual for it - it's an integrated one which was in the kitchen when I bought the house but I understand it's under two years old. The previous owners passed on the instruction manual for it which gives that model number and it's also written on the control panel of the machine. The only other thing written on the machine is AA Class. Does this help at all?

You could check it on the door sticker (there should be a label on the door lip with model, type, commercial code, & serial number). But regardless of that the control panel still has to come off to resolve the button issue.

Sponsored Links
I've just looked at the label - it says the same number. Also says
Candy 11A then gives what I presume is the serial number followed by IP21. Anyway, I will try unscrewing the panel and see what I find inside and just hope nothing springs out!

If you don't feel confident/competent enough to try this on your own then I would advise calling qualified help. I know it costs...but its better to pay for a successful repair rather than risk ending up having to buy a new dishwasher. Ring around & ask for a free estimate first.

You're probably right but I will unscrew the panel and take a look. If I am going to end up paying someone to fix it, I may as well have a go first - I might be lucky and find it;s something obvious and simple.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back