Candy GO 282 error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help with an error on my Candy GO282 I have an intermittent fault, the 90mins and stain vanish lights are flashing 4 times,

Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
A bit of researching on my part I have discovered that error 4 is the pressure switch, I will test its operation later with a multimeter.

Does the hose get blocked or is it the drum connector? Zipper are you able to help out with this?

Bit of an odd error this...but basically it means that there has been 3 interventions by the anti-flood safety contacts of the pressostat. As pressostats don't fail that often a likely cause could be that the inlet valve is partially jammed open & causing overfill. I would look at that first. You should also check the integrity of the wiring to the pressostat.
Not to say that there couldn't be a fault on the pressostat...but check the simple things first. Good luck

Thanks for your reply, my wife told me that she did see the drum filling to over half way then draining then filling again so she switched it off, she also said that when it was filling the lights was going off then when it started filling the came back on, could this be linked?

It may do 5 washes before it stops with the error then may not work for 2 washes after that, Its a bit fustrating

Sponsored Links
That would tie up nicely with an inlet valve jamming open intermittently. Another cause of overfilling could be a hole in the hose to the pressostat. However this is unlikely in your case as the machine would fill to flooding every time, not just once in a while. I think I would check the wiring to the pressostat then change out the inlet valve, they are not expensive http://www.espares.co.uk/part/washi...107/0/0/670837/washing-machine-solenoid-.html Scroll down to the bottom of the page to view a "how to" video.

Thanks for your help, I have checked the pressure switch and that is working fine, gave the pipe a blow aswell towards the drum just incase it was blocked but seemed fine, checked all the wiring and they seem all good so i will order a valve however can't get it to go wrong at the moment so may have been connection but I suppose I wil find out soon enough.

I think my wife doesn't want me to fix it as I've never done so much washing :)

Ok, changed the valve but problem still there :( so going to order a pressure switch just incase, if not I suppose it can only be the PCB?

I've read that the heater can cause problems with the PCB do you think this could be my problem?

Yes a low IR reading on the heater element can cause some odd pcb issues. Hard to say without megger testing it & even then it might show a good test when cold but drop significantly as it warms. Pressostats don't fail that often but a pressostat is still much cheaper than a pcb if you want to try changing that out first. I think it will probably will boil down to either a low IR test on the element or a pcb problem. Do you know anyone with a 500v megger who could help you test out the element?

Last night I was out in utility room when i heard the machine filling up and I noticed the lights all go out on front panel then it started filling again, this kept doing this it would put in the normal amount of water then all the lights would go out then start filling again, I had to turn it off as i didn't want it to flood, while this was doing this I removed the top and tested the pressure switch what was showing a closed circuit, i also gave the inlet valves a tap and all the wiring a shake just to eliminate that.
After I turned it off i drained it then started the wash cycle again, it got to about mid cycle then reprodued the same symptoms, I then switched the mains off and on and run the wash cycle again when the fault did not reproduce its self.
I am getting to the end of my tether with this machine and can only see it being 2 things the PCB or the heater, I could just call Candy out to fix it but being a electronic engineer I don't see the point and I can't see how they will diagnose it because the fault is intermittent.

Zipper I know you mentioned about the megger which I haven't done yet but does this sound like a PCB fault?

So if i just buy a programmed board I can just plug it in and away it goes?

There are 4 versions of this model & the pcb isn't standard for all. If you decide to buy a new pcb note down all the data on the door sticker & ask Candy for the correct part number for your model. Be sure to buy a pre-programmed pcb. Alternatively you could send your pcb to these people for repair http://www.emwelec.co.uk/index.php?l=product_list&c=20
I always change the panel card at the same time, they only cost £20.

Decided to buy a new PCB because the fault is intermitent, I could have sent it of for repair but the fault may have not occurred while they tested.
If this doesnt fix it then theres not much else that can be wrong with it.

I will let you know what happens

A new PCB fitted and all was good for 15 washes however now the problem has come back so I'm left scratching my head and not sure what to try next :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back