Candy Go 482 washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my washer is stopping mid wash and flashing fault code 5 x i cannot find my manual so does anyone know what this means and how much it would cost to fix as had machine just over the two year warranty i had with it...
:cry: :evil:

Sponsored Links
F5 indicates a faulty NTC or a break in the cables to it. Some NTC's are mounted in the heater element, but yours is likely mounted in the tub just above the element & should look like this http://www.espares.co.uk/part/washi...107/0/0/670895/washing-machine-ntc-probe.html If you have a multimeter you can check it cold (around 20kΩ), when placed in hot water the resistance should drop to 2 - 3kΩ. Measure the heater element resistance while you're at it, that should read 25 - 30Ω. Check your model number on the door sticker before ordering spares, there are 3 different versions. The NTC above fits a GO482/1-80, which I assume is your model since you say it is approx 2 years old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back