Candy Grand 482/2-80 not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As above, machine shows no fault code via flashing lights, allows water into the drum as per usual, and then that is it, nothing after that.
My wife says it has worked on "hand wash" once since this fault started. Pump works as it should, so the machine will drain. Haven't yet seen the drum moving since she decided to tell me it wasn't working.
With an empty machine I've noticed any water introduced seems to drain slowly away, presumably by some siphoning action as I can't hear the pump running.
I haven't been able to tell if there has been any heating of the water going on or not yet.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Does it have a spin only function & if so what happens when you select it?

You could try checking the main motor brushes, if it has them. They should be more than 10mm & free to move in & out of their holders under spring pressure.

Sponsored Links
You could try checking the main motor brushes, if it has them. They should be more than 10mm & free to move in & out of their holders under spring pressure.

Looks like that might be it, thanks, when removed they are right at the end of their life, I'll stick a new set on a nd see if that does it.
Cheers

Try to clean any carbon dust from he commutator ( the round thing with copper segments ) with a clean brush before fitting the new brushes.

Try to clean any carbon dust from he commutator ( the round thing with copper segments ) with a clean brush before fitting the new brushes.

I have some electrical contact cleaner spray somewhere, I'll give it a blast with that, cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back