Candy Grand0 GO1282

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a candy Grando GO1282 that often stalls after the wash phase. It doesn't stop completely, it just goes into a loop where it tries to start, doesn't make it, then tries again. It seems to have pumped out the water but wont run the spin phase. After redistributing the load a couple of times by hand, it will then start. Fairly sure its a balance problem but have no idea how to troubleshoot it. I'm fairly competent with electrics and have a meter but cant seem to locate a wiring diagram. Anyone help please?

Sponsored Links
They shouldn't have worn out if the machine is only 2 years old (unless it is heavily used).
Have you noticed any abnormal noises?....checked for bearing slack etc?

Sponsored Links
They shouldn't have worn out if the machine is only 2 years old (unless it is heavily used).
Have you noticed any abnormal noises?....checked for bearing slack etc?
Checked the brushes, absolutely fine. No belt slack or abnormal noises or anything. Is it possible that balance sensor(if there is one) could be dickie?
Regards

There isn't an "unbalance sensor" in that sense of the word. The pcb continually monitors motor parameters, if it senses something is amiss the spin speed is drastically reduced or it won't spin at all. Washing a single or heavy item can cause this kind of issue. Regardless you ought to be seeing an error code (flashing LED's in a recurring pattern).

Thanks for that. Haven't had any error codes but will watch out for them. Can you download the codes from Candy website or are they secret?
Regards

They ain't secret now... ;)

ERROR 0 Defective "Cuore" Control Module – Not Programmed "Cuore" Control Module.
ERROR 1 Door Safety Lock Device/Drum's Braking device defective and/or Wiring.
ERROR 2 The Water Fill Phase was not completed within the designed limit time. Defective Solenoid Valve, Pressostat, Water Fill Hose, Low Water Pressure in the network and/or Wiring.
ERROR 3 The Water Drain Phase was not completed within the designed limit time. Clogged Filter, Drain Pump, Drain Hose, Wall Discharge and/or Wiring.
ERROR 4 Several (3) interventions by the Anti-flood Safety Contact of Pressostat. Solenoid Valve blocked opened, defective Pressostat and/or Wiring.
ERROR 5 NTC Temperature Reading Probe opened or shorted and/or Wiring.
ERROR 6 Eeprom – Defective "Cuore" Control Module and/or Wiring. (MDL) - Jammed Motor's Rotor and/or Wiring.
ERROR 7 (INVENSYS) - Defective Door Safety Lock Device (blocked closed) and/or Wiring.
ERROR 8 Defective Tachometric Dynamo (opened or shorted) and/or Wiring.
ERROR 9 Defective "Cuore" Control Module (damaged Motor's TRIAC) and/or Wiring.
ERROR 12 Missing dialogue between "Cuore" Control Module and Display board and/or Wiring.
ERROR 13 Missing dialogue between "Cuore" Control Module and Display board and/or Wiring. (MDL) - Defective "Cuore" Control Module and/or Wiring.
ERROR 14 (INVENSYS) - Missing Water Heating: defective NTC Probe and/or defective Water Heating Element and/or Wiring.
ERROR 15 Defective "Cuore" Control Module – Not Programmed "Cuore" Control Module.
ERROR 16 Water Heating Element is short circuited or defective electrical insulation.
ERROR 17 Wrong signal from Tachometric Dynamo.
ERROR 18 Defective "Cuore" Control Module and/or Wiring – Wrong Network Frequency.

I don't know this machine, but sure it will have a speed control tacho on the end of the motor, a coil and a magnet. Occasionally the magnet can come loose and slip when the armature turns thus giving wrong feedback on speed to the module. Easy check to see if it turns freely on the armature.

Colin

Thanks all,
The armature was quite carboned up but guess thats normal. Ive given it a spray and clean with isopropyl (think thats spelled right) and put it back together. First wash okay but time will tell.
Great forum and advice.
Regards

Oh, I didn't know that it would give an error code, just thought the module would think washing out of balance and keep adjusting speed!

Colin

I wouldn't go using any kind of chemical to clean the armature/commutator. By all means give it a good blow out with clean/dry air...but that's about it.

I would clean carbon from between armature segments (carefully) and run up on a bit of commutator stick or very fine wet and dry (dry) to clean com.
I suppose what you have used is the same make up as switch cleaner, so would evaporate. Never used it myself.

Colin

Isopropyl is alcohol based (product name Isoclean), used it for years for armature cleaning. Never had a problem with it but no doubt someone on here may have other views. Once again thanks for everything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back