washing machine breakdown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a "candy sprint 1300" the drum wont turn or spin, have had the motor tested + the brushes are fine. i'm now thinking its the door lock or a balance thing ?? i've had this problem in the past but it started working o.k after i'd give it a bang.

Sponsored Links
i have a "candy sprint 1300" the drum wont turn or spin, have had the motor tested + the brushes are fine. i'm now thinking its the door lock or a balance thing ?? i've had this problem in the past but it started working o.k after i'd give it a bang.

Does it fill with water?
If it does it can't be the door lock.
Really need the model and serial numbers to look the machine up.

Does it fill with water?
If it does it can't be the door lock.
Really need the model and serial numbers to look the machine up.
yer, it fills + empties o.k, weres the serial No. ? theres numbers on the back like on a bar chart, cant find the manual.

Sponsored Links
Serial number may be on the back. First part is the code. starts with a 3 and is 8 digits long.

However, if it's the same as the 120T then there's a pcb for controlling the motor in a housing in the bottom of the machine. Have a look at that.

SLEEPYHEAD THANKS 4 THIS, i didn't know u got back until i refreshed it then, sorry + am new to this so....the PCB ? the opening at the bottom, ? done that , got screws + pennys + stuff + thats cleaned out now, the No. 31000836
mod. CNA135-80 NOVA
type. FCE2

PCB is printed circuit board. This is the board that controls motor movement. It's inside the machine in a plastic housing near the motor.
You've cleaned out the filter.
Unfortunately I don't think we'll be of much assistance to you as locating the pcb and using a multimeter to check some components would be the next task.

i was onto your information, took the pcb out, looked at it, got hold of a tester today, didn't know what to do with it, then looked at the other side of the board + there is 1 bit that looks like its slightly burnt out. (sorry about reposting, i thought it would be more noticable than the 1st, didn't mean to p*ss you off, :!: i knew u would see it

LOL. You didn't p me off at all.
I can't give step by step instructions so when you asked what a pcb is I thought you'd be better off with an engineer.
However, now you've found the pcb and checked it visually, try resoldering the bad bits. If that doesn't cure it you have to check the board components with a meter, then it's down to replacing parts.
Unfortunately it's nigh on impossible for me to tell which part is faulty and it could get to be an expensive project.

its fixed, :D am made up !
took the circuit board 2 the electric shop down the road, the guy
soldered it £12.
thanks, wouldn't of done it without u.
1st time ive used a forum. That was good !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back