Candy Trio 503 oven not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a Candy Trio oven and the oven stopped working the other day. Neither the oven light, fan, heating element come on.

I have done some research and already made sure the fuse/RCD has not tripped. The oven timer can be set on either auto and manual and neither of these work

All four hot plates on the hob work. This model is also fitted with a dishwasher inplace of a second oven, and this works

I have removed the back panel of the oven but can only see various wires and cables plus the rear part of the oven fan unit. There appears to be no burn marks anywhere. I was hoping to find a separate fuse for the oven,light fan etc, but nothing

Can anyone please point me in the right direction, other than getting an engineer out?

Many thanks

Simon

Sponsored Links
First thing to check would be supply voltage.
This must be done safely and using an approved two pole voltage indictor (not neon screwdriver).
So isolate circuit first, then remove the terminal plate on the cooker, then test for voltage across live and earth, live and neutral and neutral and earth.
At this time there should be no volts.
Then energise circuit and repeat tests.
You would be looking for reading of about 240V across Live-Earth and Live-Neutral but no volts across Neutral-Earth.
If you confirm this then you have voltage at supply side, so the fault lies with the appliance.
If you have no voltage once energised, then check firstly Fuses, MCBs, RCDs.
If they are then isolate again and check connections at FCU/RCD and at the board.
Looking for loose, damaged conductors.

Hiya,

Thanks for the reply

I believe that the fault is with the appliance. If I switch off the RCD in the consumer unit, no power is supplied to oven or hob. If I enable the RCD for the cooker I have power to the hob and dish washer below

I couldn't find any burn't/loose electrical connections in the back of the cooker. I guess my next course of action is to remove the oven from the front of the cooker and investgate further?

Thanks again

Simon

If the appliance has a common connection and hob and dishwasher are working. But nothing is working on the oven side, I would expect that a connection has come loose or damaged that connects the oven part, rather than a part fault.
It is not an appliance I am familiar with, and cannot find any wiring diagrams as this appliance is of three parts, it could be possible that there internally fused, so it maybe that an internal fuse has blown also.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for getting back

That makes sense. I've heard from other people that have had a Candy Trio that when the oven gets too hot the oven completely shuts down and you have to wait for it to cool down before it will restart

On the occaision mine stopped working I had the temp up to full. Smoke escaped from the oven sides (as has been reported by other users) and the oven packed up completely. It does sound like a fuse blew.

I will be taking another look this weekend and attempting to remove the oven module from the front. I will let you know how I get on

Thanks again

Simon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back