Candy single oven, no functions working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Candy built-in, single, electric oven. It looks like a fairly modern model, however, it must be at least two years old as it was in the kitchen when we bough the house a few years back. We removed the oven and put it in storage for a couple of weeks while a new kitchen was fitted. I've just refitted the oven but now none of the function seem to work. The LED digital display works and I can set the clock, timer, etc, however, none of the function respond (fan, oven, grill or oven light). The function is set with a dial and the heat setting is set with another. I can hear a click when turning the heat/thermostat dial but nothing happens. I rang Candy customer services but as I cannot find a serial number anywhere on the oven they've said all they can do is offer a one off repair for £139. For that price I think i'd rather pay the extra £50 and buy a brand new one. The only suggestion was put the oven into 'manual' mode which i'd already tried. Any suggestions or advise would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Did you actually set the clock? The only reason I ask is that I know of several different oven makes that won't work unless the clock is properly set.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back