Candy washer won't spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a Candy 1000TR machine - all programs can be run, and the motor does the distribution cycle, however it will not enter a spin cycle. I have cleaned all the drain pipes and the tube to the pressure switch. This clicks twice when I blow down the pipe and again when I stop blowing. Have tried a spin cycle with this pipe removed, but no different. I have noticed that there seems to be far less resistance when turning the drum by hand. Previously it felt as if there were areas of resistance as it was turned to remove clothing, but now I can actually spin it.

Does anyone have any ideas? Machine is about 5 years old, and has reasonable use (2-3 a week)

Sponsored Links
Have you taken the back off and checked that the belt is on? If it came off at the start of the spin you could get the symtoms you describe.

Yes...I have clean all pipes etc. and checked the belt - everything seems ok

Check the motor brushes. If they are worn out you will no longer get the friction from the brush springs against the commutator so they will offer less resistance but this is not usually noticeable.

Sponsored Links
The problem resolved itself, and the machine was back to normal for 2 washes and a couple of 'dry' runs...BUT...it has stopped spinning again now.

I'm stumped...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back