Candy washing machine fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a candy grand O 1400 washing machine, which developed a fault by making a funny noise then stopped and could not restart, i took back off and found one of the wire connectors on the heater element was burnt off, so i cropped the wire back and fitted a new terminal connector and reconnected it, put power back on but no joy.
none of the lights on the panel light up and nothing works, i checked with a meter and there is voltage getting through to the machine and there does not appear to be an earth fault, i suspect the fault is in the pcb, any ideas of what to do next, the machine is 5 years old

:confused:

Sponsored Links
Since the whole machine is dead, I would look first for an internal fuse.
I have looked for a fuse the only thing i can see which looks like some sort of fuse is where the power supply cable enters the machine it connects to a white porcelin type block but i have checked this with a meter and it is getting mains voltage at the inlet and outlet connections.
Does anyone know if there is another fuse somwhere on the machine :confused:

There are no internal fuses.
It is likely you are describing the mains suppressor. If you have checked there is voltage either side of this then this is not your problem either.
Post what it says on the door sticker, the model number you gave doesn't tie up.

Sponsored Links
There are no internal fuses.
It is likely you are describing the mains suppressor. If you have checked there is voltage either side of this then this is not your problem either.
Post what it says on the door sticker, the model number you gave doesn't tie up.
The model is GO 147-80

Check if you have a supply to the pcb....if you do then the pcb is shot.
If you have to replace the pcb it is a good idea to change out the door interlock at the same time. Remember to make sure the element is in order.

Check if you have a supply to the pcb....if you do then the pcb is shot.
If you have to replace the pcb it is a good idea to change out the door interlock at the same time. Remember to make sure the element is in order.
Ok will do thanks for your help
:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back