Cannon C60ETX oven - not heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping someone can give me some troubleshooting pointers as the main oven in my Cannon cooking has stopped heating this evening, everything else works.

The oven light comes on and it makes a fan sound but the fan at the rear of the oven does not spin. The element doesn't heat up, I've taken it out and tested the resistance as 33.5 Ohms.

Should I suspect the thermostat or fan motor next? Looks like I have to pull the whole cooker out to access the thermostat wiring on the back so just wanted to ask if the fan should be spinning regardless.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Fan should turn does the thermostat light come on if not it it needs replacing along with the fan.

also check the main selector for burn marks around the wires sometimes you may get a lose conection or faulty selector.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back