Cannon Cambridge Rear Flue seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a cannon Cambridge 10280G. The top oven will not ignite and there is no gas. The grill works fine as does the bottom oven. Could it be something to do with the Rear Flu Seal, as I think part of it fell into the oven a while back? Would this cause a failsafe to operate and be the reason its not working anymore.

Sponsored Links
No gas at all suggests the oven is controlled by a solenoid (and clock ).
Is the clock on auto if not could be a solenoid valve gone.

Something falling into burner would have to completly block the injector to stop gas completly coming out of burner which is highly unlikely

Something falling in the oven could cause the flames to not burn properly, and spew out carbon monoxide if you get it to work one last time.

Cheers for the response guys
The clock/timer working perfectly and/also bottom oven and top grill, still working, in fact everything working, except top oven. I have also cleared all debris from flue, so no fumes (except when I overcook food). The burner looks fine as do the sensors.
The control for top oven and top grill are the same knob, you just turn knob right or left depending. So when you turn the knob for grill gas come out of grill and you have to ignite separately from auxiliary button for top burners. When you turn knob for oven, the ignite is automatic the same as bottom oven, but this doesn’t happen anymore.

Sponsored Links
Doesnt ignite and no gas are not the same .
IS there gas there or not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back