Cannon Henley duel fuel cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi peeps

The electric top oven on my Cannon duel fuel doesn't get hot enough. It will struggle to get to about 110C but no higher. Is the fault with the thermostat (which seems to be working OK) or with the heating element? I know where the thermostat is, but where is the heating element? The heat seems to be coming from the grill elements. Do these double up as oven elements? The grill is working fine though. Anyone can help????
Cheers, bill
:cry:

Sponsored Links
I don't know this particular oven but since you don't seem to be attracting many answers I'll stick my neck out. Normally the top oven only has 1 grill element. If it is dual circuit then I suspect one loop of is O/C & that's why it heats poorly. When elements fail they usually fail to earth...but not always. Has your rcd tripped lately? Take a good look at the element, you will see if it has two circuits (loops). Check if one loop is deformed or swollen anywhere along its length. If you don't see any obvious anomalies then you'll have to check it with a multimeter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back