Smeg oven DUCO4SS top grill not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Smeg oven top grill not working tested element reading ok, getting 240volts to element when switched on but no heat. On further inspection i noticed the small oven variable grill knob just spinning around and around, it should notch from 1 to 6 and stop. I took top panel of on cooker and found switch to have a large burn mark across 2 terminals. Could this be the fault why element not coming on. Also when you switch grill on the thermostat indicator light is on.

Please help

Sponsored Links
You say you have 240V to element, when switched off the elements usually have a resisitance through them of around 27 ohms, you need to do a continuity test of the element as some switch the neutral not the live. (make sure the oven is switched off at the mains)

Burn marks across terminals are never a good sign no matter what caused them. Without seeing them it is hard to diagnose a poss cause.

Elements blowing can cause arcing at the contacts though but usually trip the MCB or RCD

forgot to say it is a double element, and reistance on both are ok, and both are not working.

forgot to say it is a double element, and reistance on both are ok, and both are not working.

Hi!

Did you ever get this fixed?

I have the same problem. A SMEG double oven appliance, of which in the top (little) oven, the grill doesn't work. The knob, 1-6 doesn't appear to have an effect when turned..

Thanks.
Alex

Sponsored Links
I have the same problem, top oven/grill no longer produces heat.

The fan still comes on but orange light does not next to control dial any longer. I checked the double element and get 28 ohm on one circuit and 50 ohm on the other which i take it means the element is ok?

The control dial looks undamaged from the back with a torch, might take to front off for a closer look.

anything else I can look at to fix this?

any comments most greatly received.

thanks
Dai

model number: c62mfx5

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back