Cannon Chester main gas oven not lighting properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, please can someone help to identify where my fault might be...
We have a Cannon Chester (model 10458G). It's quite old and probably not worth spending much on. If it's a simple and inexpensive fix, I'll have a go..

The main oven is one that self ignites (just set the dial and it clicks/sparks away and ignites to a low flame. The sparker stops when lit. Then it turns up the gas after a delay of around 30 secs). At the moment, it lights the flame on low but never changes. If I blow the flame out, it will re-light immediately, so I'm thinking that the flame detection device is fine. I guess that it might be the thermostat, so the oven thinks it is already very hot and does not increase the gas.. something in there turns up the gas after a delay, so there is some control somewhere that might be faulty. Before I spend money on it, how can I eliminate some parts?

EDIT: I can see that the label on the cooker shows model 10548G, but there is no indication of MK1 / 2/ 3 etc...(seems to be spares for the MK3 only). Serial number any good?

Regards, David.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Just browsing for parts, I can see that the control for the main oven is expensive.. As it would be a "have-a-go" exercise, maybe a new cooker is what is needed.. my wife thinks so.... So no fix needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back