Cannon Cooker problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone out there got a service manual for a Cannon Chester 10548G gas cooker as a pdf file that you could email to me?
Oven not coming up to full flame, does anyone know what part needs replacing? No tech help at Cannon.

Sponsored Links
RGI needed. Yes, a part is faulty but I cannot advise further.

Paul.

I am an RGI gassafeman. Been online and there are different products with vast differences in price. FSD on its own is £30 but with a solenoid it is £100, not sure if i need the solenoid one or not, i'm guessing i do though as it's the solenoid that will lift the gas valve to let it come through at full pelt and this is why it won't go to full flame.
Anyone got a pdf service manual for this out there?
Cooker doesn't come with this manual and it's £26 for a paper version from Cannon.

Sponsored Links
I am an RGI gassafeman. Been online and there are different products with vast differences in price. FSD on its own is £30 but with a solenoid it is £100, not sure if i need the solenoid one or not, i'm guessing i do though as it's the solenoid that will lift the gas valve to let it come through at full pelt and this is why it won't go to full flame.
Anyone got a pdf service manual for this out there?
Cooker doesn't come with this manual and it's £26 for a paper version from Cannon.

If your an RGI Ill answer this in the CC. You seem to lack some knowledge on the soleniod part of the valve, which concerns me!

Paul.

What's the CC?
I must have posted it 3 times accidentally, sorry to everyone out there, is there a way i can delete the first 2?

Being a member since 2006 Im guessing you must have noticed!

Its the Combustion Chamber. Exclusive to RGI's.

You questions are so basic, you have either never worked on a cooker before or are not licensed to work on cooking appliances. :eek:

Paul.

Not really worked on any gas cookers at all short of installing them but i do have my ckr1.
Although i joined a long time ago, i have only really found this site again in the last week or so and i have only just become gas safe registered in September, although i have been working in mainly servicing since 2003/4. As mentioned on my previous question a few days ago, i am not hot on electrics and do not have a lot of breakdown experience either.

CC wasn't here in 2006 just joined it now but not sure if i've done it right.
For Corgi Reg no i've put my GSR reg no, and for
Corgi serial no i've put my GSR license no, and for
my reg postcode i've put my home postcode (that last bit should be right)

Thanks for that.

Youll have access to the CC very shortly then.

I cannot answer your cooker question in an 'open' forum Im afraid. Im sure, as an RGI you can undersand why.

It will be handled swiftly in the CC.

Paul.

Thanks gassafeman but there's another problem.
In 2006 we were on Orange / Wanadoo broadband but we changed to Virgin cable this March and i now have a new email address and i'm guessing my email has gone there instead. I no longer have that old account. Does anyone know how to change your email address on here? If i have to re-register from anew, i'm gonna be betting that my GS details have been added to my old email address. Doh.
Actually the email address shown in my personal profile is the correct one but the email still hasn't arrived yet. Maybe i have to be checked out at the Gas Safe Register by someone before i get a reply, that could take weeks.

Well i still haven't received an email about this 24 hours later.
Checked on another part of my profile and it does still have the old email address on there, although the new blueyonder one is there too.
I don't have access to the old freeserve email address any longer.
I have written to the tech help people on here to see how to change this email, so basically, i can't access your reply gassafeman.
Any chance of emailing it straight to my email address for the time being? (blueyonder one).
Going back to this job tomorrow, Thursday 12th.

Top oven will probably just use the standard ffd,
Bottom oven with time clock will use the ffd with an attached solenoid

Thanks namsag, that's the one i've ordered anyway. That one is nearly £100, the other one is only £36. Don't suppose you have the service manual as a pdf file do you.
Also, i've managed to change my email address now, it's in SETTINGS suprisingly, that's the last place i looked, should have really been the first.
Gonna try and join the CC bit again as i still haven't had a response email from the last time i tried on Monday.

I have now got into the CC part gassafeman but can't see your response to my Cannon Cooker problem.
clicked on your link and the comments you made on my post are there but not the answer.
Am i still looking in the wrong part?
Still haven't had the email to confirm i've joined but it says i have joined when i click on the re-register bit.
I'm guessing these emails are going to my old email address which i no longer have access to. I've managed to change my email address now though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back