Cannon Cooker Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cannon Carrick only 1 week old, can't call cannon as I took it to France

Everything works perfectly except top oven which will not light from ignition, whilste trying to light from ign. there is a brief blue flame near the ignition probe that comes and goes but the burner will not actually light from the ign. I can light it manually with a match and it lights very easily but only 2 thirds of the burner lights properly the other third comes and goes every few seconds but when the oven warms up the burner lights properly and the oven functions normally. I removed the burner to see if anything was stuck in it from manufacture but it was clear. during this spasmodic warm up there is the occasional smell of gas which goes when oven is warmed.
I assume the gas pressure in France is the same as UK as I've always had UK cookers here with no problem. any ideas anyone?

Sponsored Links
can I be cheeky?!- I have a new Carrick and the main oven , when using the dial to turn betweek 1-9 the flame is the same , looks & stays at a high temperture to me, the flame does not alter- only when turning to slow cook- Does your flame alter on different numbers as I think it should ?

many Thanks

Cannon Carrick only 1 week old, can't call cannon as I took it to France

Everything works perfectly except top oven which will not light from ignition, whilste trying to light from ign. there is a brief blue flame near the ignition probe that comes and goes but the burner will not actually light from the ign. I can light it manually with a match and it lights very easily but only 2 thirds of the burner lights properly the other third comes and goes every few seconds but when the oven warms up the burner lights properly and the oven functions normally. I removed the burner to see if anything was stuck in it from manufacture but it was clear. during this spasmodic warm up there is the occasional smell of gas which goes when oven is warmed.
I assume the gas pressure in France is the same as UK as I've always had UK cookers here with no problem. any ideas anyone?

At first the main oven lights at a set level until it warms up afterwhich the knob does control the flame level but you must let the oven warm up first
Regards
Manivelle

Had the same problem with main oven on brand new oven. I reversed the polarity on the electric cable - i.e connect the negative to the positive connection and the positive to the negative connection in the plug - and hey presto it worked perfectly - no more sparking except when lighting!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, already found that out, someone posted it on a different site, cheers anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back