Cannon A-133 Rotisserie foldaway grill.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mother has a much loved Cannon foldaway grill A133 which, some years ago, was removed from her old cooker and wall mounted above a new oven at eye-level. Unfortunately the Burner now needs replacing. These cookers rarely come up for sale second-hand but a much more commonly seen cooker of the same sort of period is the Cannon 151 or 152 or even the A134. Does as anyone know if the burners for the grills on these cookers are interchangeable? or where i might be able to get a replacement burner for the A133 or indeed a replacement A133?

Sponsored Links
Lovely old cooker one of the best ever made, unless you had to carry one they weighed a ton!

I have no idea about spares interchangability but I would guess not as I think the 131 was first produced before nat gas conversion and the burner would have been modified, where as I think the 151 was post conversion so would have had a proper nat gas burner designed for it.

Anyway shame though it is I would say it's time to retire it, messing with an appliance that age is fraught with problems, The lever tap was prone to leakage and the locking mechanism will be well worn. If indeed the eye level grill has been taken off and mounted as a separate appliance that would give Gas safe engineers nightmares these days! It's certainly not legal to modify a gas appliance in any way or even fit non standard parts :D

Sorry to say it but I think it's time to send it to be recycled into some cheap tinny modern cooker.

Regards,
footprints

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back