Can old Cannon eye level grill be reinstalled?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning a kitchen replacement, and my wife insists on keeping the 20+ year old Cannon foldaway eye level gas grill (which currently sits above a matching Cannon 600 hob & oven). There seems to be no new equivalent on the market. Probably replacing the oven & hob with a freestanding Baumatic 700mm gas range, but she hates grills inside ovens. It is an excellent grill, so I'm sympathetic. (It means I can't fit a hood, but we've managed for 17 years without one - just a good extractor fan in the window). The unit is 530mm wide and the grill itself is 405mm wide. The current wall units either side have ceramic tiles on the facing sides (also on back wall of course), minimum sideways gap from edge of grill to tile face is 55mm within 600mm space between wall units, so would be 105mm within 700mm space.

Are there any legal reasons why the grill can't be refitted? (It will have to be removed and moved along a bit to match the new layout).

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for this. However, I've now finished the kitchen, with a freestanding double cavity cooker and without the old Cannon grill. This product would have been very tempting, except for the need for 300mm clearance either side which is wall unit space I could not have afforded (but others doubtless could). I subsequently got some fitting instructions for the old grill from Cannon.

If anyone wants the old grill for refurbishment or parts, please let me know.

Hello,
I am living in Brussels and I have an "old" Cannon Foldaway grill which we love to prepare fried chicken or meat. It's stand over a Cannon hob & oven which oven does not work anymore and have to be replaced by a new one. We would like to keep the "Foldaway" and fixe it to the wall (if possible). What actually are you selling ? The old Cannon 600 hob & oven or/and the "foldaway" ? (have you got pictures ?). You can email me @ the following address : [email removed].
Thanks for the information ... it would be great to have it asap !
Have a nice Xmass & New Year
Luc

I wasn't originally planning to sell anything! However, I have a foldaway grill complete, plus the burner caps (with new centres), pan supports and spill dishes from the hob, if anyone is interested. Also instructions from Cannon on clearances for fitting grill.

Sponsored Links
Hello,
Thanks for your kind reply. Our "Foldaway" is still working but would be usefull to have both fitting instructions & parts in the future. If you would sell it, what would be your price (in £ or in €). I guess you don't have the related oven & cocker ... thanks for info ... kind regards from Brussels ... Luc

Hi Magsie

Yes, I've still got the old grill and pan. Not sure how well it would survive courier dispatch, besides the cost, but if you or a friend/relation could collect from Salisbury Wilts you're welcome to it FOC.

phil1235

Hi Phil
Will have to think on this one as I live in Bromley. and do not know of anybody going in your direction at the moment. Any idea as to the weight of the grill?

Have just read posts about the Cannon :D grill/rotisserie and fully understand the fondness that people have for it. We originally bought and installed one about 32 years ago after about 12 years we moved house and took it with us - it remained packed in a box until we moved again 3 years ago and after 18 months I decided to have a good look at it and then had it thoroughly checked got gas and electric motor connections. I has now been up and running perfectly, producing the most succulent spit roast chickens and joints nof meat, not to mention beautiful kebabs on the rotary skewer attachment ! I could wax on for ever about my Cannon but that would be just too cruel, especially knowing how envious all of my friends are when I demonstrate its wonders. I have still got the original installation and maintenance instructions, should anyone wish to have a copy forwarded. With sincere apologies for gloating !!

Hi Magsie

Sorry for delay in replying - have been away. Grill weighs just over 12kg. I've found a courier online, and could pack and send it for £9 (much less than Parcelforce). I've also got grillpan, but that would need to be separate package.
If you want me to send it (your risk, of course) then let me have your email address and I'll request payment of P&P via PayPal, then update you on dispatch.

Best wishes
phil1235

I am also looking for a cannon fold away grill. I have had one for 30 years attached to my cooker whigh now needs replacing. But I really want to have a fold away grill still. Anybody got one for sale

Cannon stopped making them over 25 years ago so there are not many of their foldaway grill's around that still work or spare parts available. Look at www.hi-grill.co.uk for a new foldaway grill that is very similar to the Cannon.

I am also looking for a cannon fold away grill. I have had one for 30 years attached to my cooker whigh now needs replacing. But I really want to have a fold away grill still. Anybody got one for sale

hi i have just uncovered a complete boxed brand new unused cannon rg1s mk2 foldaway rottiserie grill in the loft complete with all instruction booklets and original box and packaging it includes all the racks/spikes/grill pan and mesh etc etc.
i have taken some images to put on ebay but will wait a few days before entering it on to ebay.
contact me for images.
regards.
martin.

this item has now been sold thank you

I too am looking for a Cannon Foldaway grill, or parts for one, as I the one I have is on its last legs! I would be particularly interested in getting hold of a grill pan for this model as mine is badly damaged. Can anyone help me?

Thanks, Roger

Hi Roger

I still have the complete grill which was working when removed just over a year ago, and the grill pan. Phone me on 01722 327041 and I can arrange dispatch (at your risk) for the cost of courier (via Paypal). Grill pan is clean, grill rather less so!

Sorry not to have picked up sooner but my account was disabled - hyperactive spam filter, it seems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back