Cannot Send To Hotmail Addresses

I have emailed MS to let them know what I have done.

The email address they have listed as connected to us is:

XX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Whereas ours is: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

The numbers are very different.

How can this be?

Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
Those aren't email addresses.

Might need a bit more context, not to mention actually seeing the addresses.

Monkeh

Yeah, I realise now what I wrote was confusing.

The emails MS claim were sent from us came from an IP address starting with 2 digits, whereas our IP address started with 3.

They said we were guilty of namespace mining and blocked our emails to hotmail addresses.

I have now spoken to O2, our ISP and they have provided us with a temporary static IP address.

Sponsored Links
Monkeh

Yeah, I realise now what I wrote was confusing.

The emails MS claim were sent from us came from an IP address starting with 2 digits, whereas our IP address started with 3.

They said we were guilty of namespace mining and blocked our emails to hotmail addresses.

I have now spoken to O2, our ISP and they have provided us with a temporary static IP address.

Let me guess, yours starts with 192.168?

Nope, but O2's server does.

Our old IP address began with three digits (not 192), but our temporary static address is in the format XX.XX.XX.XX

Eh, typical Microsoft and O2 incompetency..

IPs do vary y'know. How many digits in each segment means absolutely nothing of use.

All I can say is that my public IP address comes up consistently as a different number in a different format to the one MS is referring to.

Don't really care, as long as we sort it out and don't get accused of any criminal behaviour.

What's the meaning behind their change to a static address, do you know?

Not sure. They might be thinking Hotmail have blocked one of their dynamic ranges.

You can also get a virus that causes you to receive spam from yourself. I had this even with good antivirus and malware installed.
This is exactly what I was getting, and now they have blocked the account, and I am having trouble contacting them.

Yeah, they've blocked us, so we can't send any emails to hotmail addys.

I think changing our IP address has done the trick. Not sure if this is helpful to you though.

I am with AOL and Hotmail usually blocks all mail from the IP which AOL use for sending mail via my broadband connection.

THIS IS A REAL PAIN AND HOTMAIL SHOULD SORT IT OUT !

The only saving grace is they dont block email I send using my phone from AOL.

AOL is one of the largest email providers world wide and you will always get some spammers using it ( until AOL find dout ! ) and Hotmail and AOL should work it out between them.

I AM NOT HAPPY WITH HOTMAIL !

Tony

Sponsored Links
Back