Cant budge downstairs cold water air block

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My water feed was disconnected today to change it over. During this time the tank was drained and the water was off for half a day. When i reconnected the water and turned it on the tank filled up and the upstairs bathroom works fine (WC/basin/Shower) but downstairs nothing works other than the outside tap.

I have pushed water in through the washing machine connector via the hose feed and also by blocking the kitchen mixer tap. This resulted in the downstairs WC and basin flowing with hot water by as soon as i shut off the mixer tap it all stops. I am reluctant to drain the tank in case i end up with no water anywhere. How can this be fixed?

Sponsored Links
Is the cold at kitchen tap working well ?
Which outlets do not give water ,and is it hot or cold thats a problem ?

Hot is working everywhere.

It's the cold to the kitchen tap, downstairs wc and basin that is not working

All sorted. The main supply to the house was split in 2 underground. One feeding the cold water tank outside tap and boiler and the other the downstairs wc and kitchen. So 1 run was effectively dead when I connected the new supply. Now looped back in temporary until the house is re plumbed so I can finally have a cup of tea.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back