Can't fit the door back on new Integrated Dishwasher!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've fitted a replacement integrated dishwasher in my kitchen, but I can not fit the door back on - possibly because its a different make.

I have a B and Q door an old Whirlpool and a Bosch dishwasher just fitted. There's nowhere obvious where the door would slot in to the metal door of the dishwasher. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Sorry I don't think I was clear. I had a Whirlpool, I have a newly fitted Bosch. Does this change things?

Yes it does.
Can you post the Bosch dishwasher E-number? It is laser engraved on the top centre of the door lip.

Sponsored Links
Well I have the mounting kit.No instructions so, the dishwasher comes with a metal front,looks like a metal door. Does that have to come off and get attached to the door, or does the door get fixed on insitu, because looking at
the mounting kit, it still doesn't look straight forward.

I'll try and get some pics.

You must have received a user manual/installation guide with a new DW?
Fitting the door front is explained in the installation instructions. If you don't have one look here http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/customer-service/download-product-manuals.html Click "download user manual" & a new page launches. Type in the full "E-number" & click go. Download the Installation Instructions (II). Halfway down the page you'll see the part about fitting the door front. You don't need to remove the inner door.

Sorry for the delay.Yes I did receive the instructions. As they don't really help I thought it best if I sent you some pictures.

The one of the white door the plastic actually juts out and used to hook into openings on the previous machine.

//www.diynot.com/network/redlos/albums/

Can't see any pictures.

What part of the instructions are causing the problem?
- fit dishwasher in position between the other units
- place paper template against dishwasher
- mark template position with pencil
- tape template to back of door
- drill holes and remove template
- fix brackets to door
- hook the door onto the dishwasher
- open door and screw door in place around the edges.

I don't know what happened to the pictures, but I think you have answered my question. I don't have a template! I have all the paperwork which came with the dishwasher and have double checked everything and I don't have one.
. Your instructions now make sense. I'm really not that dense(honest) and it now makes perfect sense as to why I couldn't even make a start sorting the door.

I'll get in contact with Bosch and see if they can send me one. Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back