Can't get 1 in 40 fall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I'm in the process of refitting our bathroom and adding a shower. The shower is at the opposite end of the bathroom to the internal soil stack. The rest of the suite is being replaced but not moved so I was hoping to join the shower waste to the existing run for the basin. The problem is I can get nowhere near the 1in 40 in need. The shower tray we've chosen is stone with the idea of it sitting on the floor so your not stepping up into the shower as you often see.

Ideally I don't want to buy a raiser kit for the tray which would solve the problem but they look ugly any ideas?

The pipe run from the shower to teeing in to the existing pipe work is 2600 with 2 x 90 bends.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
You'll need to upgrade the basin run to 40mm if it isn't already from where the shower joins, and as above, if you cant get the fall, raise the tray until you can. Otherwise you are setting yourself up for failure. The floor covering can either be returned up to cover the raised plinth, or tile the plinth to blend it in.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks guys it looks like the only option is a raiser kit. It's a quadrant tray so raising it slightly and tiling the plinth is not an option.

Thanks again for your advice

Ah, yes. Only option though I'm afraid, near flat fall will block pretty easily, you'll be forever cleaning it out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back