Can't get rid of "system reached none" on Yale 640

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Yale 6400 which I've been installing over the last few days. I'm still playing with it, so have disabled the sounder in the control panel and have not actually mounted the siren yet.

Today something caused the alarm panel to shows "Alarm! Alarm! Alarm! Alarm!" etc. I've had this happen before, and did not have any problems resetting the alarm, but for reasons I can't work out, I'm unable to set it again.

If I press the green button on the control panel it says "Enter code". After I enter the code it says

"Alarm started by DC Garage d1".

Pressing any button then displays "System reached none". Eventaully it goes back to "Alarm! Alarm! Alarm! Alarm!" Trying to set the alarm from the control panel fails - there is no exit sound.

If I try to set the alarm with the remote keyfob, the exit timer starts, whereas it will not sound I try to arm it from the control panel. The alarm panel displays "Alarm! Alarm! Alarm! Alarm!". After setting it with the keyfob, it is hard to know if it is set as the panel just shows "Alarm! Alarm! Alarm! Alarm!", but if I open a door contact, there is no entry sound made.

One thing that is odd, is that if I try to arm it with the keyfob for a second time I just a short blip. It seems that arming it the first time does soemthing.

A google shows little on the "system reached none" error message, though something would indicate it was not reset from dialing a phone.

Is there anything I can try other than to reset the control panel back to defaults by removing the battery and going through the proceedure in the manual?

dave

Sponsored Links
I eventaully got rid of this by removing the AC power, removing the panel from the wall and switching the battery off. I left it off 30 seconds or so to let any capacitors discharge, then reconnected the battery and the AC power. After that, the control panel behaved as it should.

Unfortunately the same happened later. Perhaps I have a faulty unit.

Dave

nope your unit is fine you are just not resetting correctly.

do as you are doing when it says alarm alarm alarm and press any key.

however press a key quickly and repeatedly until the unit bleeps and says alarm off.

I you delay with the repeated keypresses it drops back into alarm alarm alarm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back