Problem disarming Yale 6400 alarm. Please Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed the Yale 6400 alarm only a fortnight ago. Yesterday my daughter triggered the alarm on entry and couldn't switch off the alarm. The alarm duration was set for the default of 3 minutes. She claims she may have made a mistake the first time she entered the disarm code. When the alarm triggered (both control panel and siren), the ALARM!ALARM! message came up on the control panel and wouldn't clear inspite of her pressing the disarm button and trying to key in the code. The alarm continued for about 10 minutes and utimately she succeeded in getting the display to prompt for the code which she duely entered, which then stopped the alarm. 24 hours later I have just managed to clear the ALARM!ALARM! message after about 20 or so tries. Each time I pressed the disarm button, it prompted me to enter the security code, which I duly did. Each time I pressed the tick key (or any other key) after the security code it would alternate between "Alarm activated by ...." and "System reached ...." for each key press. After a few seconds timeout it would revert back to the ALARM!ALARM! message. While in this mode I couldn't access the alarm system. Pressing any button would have no effect. I was a bit wary of trying to rearm it in this mode. I reckon I managed to resolve the issue by repeating the previous sequence (i.e. pressing Disarm, entering security and pressing the tick or any other key) and indavertently pressing the PR button which managed to clear the ALARM message and bring the unit into alarm off mode. Both me and my daughter are now hesitant to use the alarm. Has anyone had the same experience after the ALARM!ALARM message on the control panel?

Sponsored Links
If you put the wrong code in a couple of times then the keypad locks out for a time.

There are two ways to clear the ALARM ALARM message.

1. Enter green then your code and then press the DOWN arrow (grey button on right hand side of panel) repeatedley until it goes back to Alarm off.

2. Enter green button and then your code and then press any button repeatedly until alarm says Alarm off.

As you say though if you leave a pause it reverts back to ALARM ALARM so when you press the buttons repeatedly do it withouat any long pauses.

Thanks very much for the advice. Next time it happens, I will try the first option. As per my earlier message, I had tried the second option, but each time I presse a key it would alternate between the messages "Alarm actiivated by DC...." and "System reached ...". Maybe by pressing the PR button in the sequence (which cause the Alarm Off) was just coincidental i.e. probably any key would have done it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back