Yale 6400 Alarm relocating control panel upstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just successfully fitted a Yale 6400 alarm. I would like to move the control panel upstairs (currently in the hall near the door) and replace it with a key pad. If I cannot hear the alarm counting down or beeping in its new location how do I know it has disarmed when I use the key fob or key pad?
Secondly I arm and disarm the home alarm from upstairs with my key fob although the manual suggests that the fob cannot disarm unless in entry countdown mode. I am pleased about this but think the manual is a little misleading.

Sponsored Links
if you can't hear the confirmation bleeps then you won't know. However IME the bleeps are loud enough to hear downstairs.

Also, the siren box will flash red when it sets and unsets, which you can see if you are standing outside.

IIRC you can make the siren bleep, but thhis will annoy the neighbours.

You can choose confirm beeps on/off from the program siren menu but this means just a beep when the alarm is finally armed or disarmed similar to a 6200 system. it is not a duplication of the countdown beeps although there is also that option if you wish but that would be annoying to be fair.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back