amber light on control panel display

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the amber light on the display panel remains on and there is a pipping noise every 30 seconds. The display shows 'alarm alarm' but the alarm is not going off as it was disarmed by my fob key when I entered the house. How do I silence the pipping noise until I can sort out whether it is the control panel at fault or my fob key battery low? I have tried
arming and disarming but makes no difference. The fob appears to be lighting up brightly as normal.

Sponsored Links
Believe it or not the make & model of the 1 of hundreds & hundreds of different alarm panels will help us to help you.

Sorry of course you need to know the product name and model - I forgot to state it. It's a Yale wireless 6400 premium alarm.

Thanks for getting back. I'm afraid I know nothing about the Yale alarm systems, perhaps someone else will see this and reply.

It sounds like a battery warning though, have they been renewed lately?

Don't go away, keep your eyes open.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your reply. We have now bought new batteries and replaced them on the PIR which indicated the fault on the screen. It was indeed the batteries so we will know in future what the problem is. I hope this lesson is useful to others viewing this.

Here's another tip - Always write the date on the battery when you fit it (use a fine permanent marker). This way, you'll know if it's likely to be a battery fault or something else. It will also give you a rough idea of how long they last. Next time, you could replace them before they go flat.

Professional installers replace all the batteries at the same time. This way, you won't keep getting woken up at 4:00am when the batteries are cold and the voltage is low! :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back