Adding a Yale 6080 keypad to a 3200 key fob controlled syste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I have had a HSA 3200 key fob operated alarm for some time now. Foolishly, I thought it may be easier to install a keypad. I attempted this at the weekend with my husband and am now about to tear my hair out.

I seem to have managed to connect the 6080 keypad in so far as when I press ARM the system is armed. However, when the siren goes off I cannot disarm with the same keypad. I have tried pressing DISARM and the new code I thought I had programmed but to no avail and then tried DISARM 0000 but still cannot silence the alarm. The only was is to use my key fob.

The 3200 instruction booklet is of no use as keypad is not the same and the 6080 instructions do not correspond!? Please someone tell me there is an easy way of doing this.

Becoming a baldy! Tifftoff

Sponsored Links
Yes there is

The problem you have encountered is that the instructions for the 6000 range and the 3000 range are different. So you have to use one book for the keypad and one for the siren.

(the siren for "learn devices" and the keypad for the buttons to press in which order. Remember you have to use the active PIN on the keypad to disarm. The instructions tell you how to set the PIN. Press green button then the PIN to disarm and watch the LED when it transmits. You do not need a PIN to set the alarm, just the red button.

I've done it but have not got my notes with me.

This question has come up before, so a "search" on "Yale Keypad" and you wil probably find it. Ignore all the hostile spam added to the threads by people who have a visceral hatred of DIY alarms.

Otherwise, you should be able to download the manuals from

http://www.yale.co.uk/en/yale/couk/Let-us-help/Product-Instructions/

http://www.yale.co.uk/en/yale/couk/Let-us-help/Product-Literature1/

Hi there,

Thank you for your help. Have been in touch with Yale and they think the keypad may be faulty. Awaiting new keypad so can only hope that it is as simple as that.

Thanks for your time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back