Second Keyfob will not connect to Yale alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed the Yale 6400 control panel alarm.

I have added one keyfob which will not disarm the system even tho there is a door set up as "entry" and press the disarm button when the door is opened and the count down starts. The keyfob will set the alarm and activate the panic alarm no problems.

The second keyfob will not even connect to the control panel.

I think both keyfobs are faulty and are going back to Homebase. If that does not work then the control panel with have to go back.

does anyone know any different?

Sponsored Links
Right I contacted Yale this morning on 01902 364606.

not really much help, no idea what the problem could be and suggested I take the Keyfobs back or they would send out replacements.

If the Keyfobs still did not work correctly they then agreeded with me that I should take the control Panel back and see if that solved the issue.

so all in all its not going well

also as an aside you cannot disarm the alarm using the keypad without going through the "Entry". Yale say this is because if you lose the keyfob someone cannot use it to disarm the system from the outside. Trouble is the Keyfob would be attached to your Keys as well so Yale's story does not hold water.

also as an aside you cannot disarm the alarm using the keypad without going through the "Entry". Yale say this is because if you lose the keyfob someone cannot use it to disarm the system from the outside. Trouble is the Keyfob would be attached to your Keys as well so Yale's story does not hold water.
The better reason for the keyfob not being able to disarm without the entry cycle being started is so that once you have left home you cannot accidentaly disarm the alarm by the fob being squashed in your pocket etc.

To be honest if you have your keyfob and keys together then you are handing your security away on a plate. Using a keypad or control panel is much more secure.

If you have a 6400 of course you could even arm and disarm using your mobile. much more fun.

Sponsored Links
Have not tried the mobile yet but yes does look like it could be fun!

Is answer to your reply about the Keyfob, is it not called a keyfob because you put keys on it?

hi Merikiito did you make it work, did the keyfob disarm the system, i have desame problem when i am arming the alarm it does work , but when i am dis arming it it wont let me do it it just bleep and not dis arming pls help

The keyfob does disarm but only in the specific circumstance that you have opened your front door with the entry magnetic sensor on and the panel has started timing down.
You can't disarm with the keyfob unless you open your entry door to start the entry countdown.

so you mean to say when your inside the house and you used the keyfob to home arm you may not dis able it or alarm off by using keyfob only the panel or open your door then dis arm it ,, thank you Yaleguys quick response

so you mean to say when your inside the house and you used the keyfob to home arm you may not dis able it or alarm off by using keyfob only the panel or open your door then dis arm it ,, thank you Yaleguys quick response

That is correct - you can only disarm via the control panel not the keyfob if the entry timer is not counting down.

As a lesson for Europlank I would like to explain why this is and far from being rubbush it is a valid security feature.

To maintain security the system demands that the person trying to disarm the alarm either knows the code and can enter it or has both a keyfob AND means to open the front door.
The assumption being that if the front door has opened and the countdown has started then that person is likely to be the homeowner and had use of a key to enter the property.

It is a protection against someone finding your keyfob outside and trying to disarm the system with it.

is it also normal that on 10 sec. countdown( when arming the alarm) there is always an echo beep to the siren out side. i think down to 7 or 6 second the siren will start beeping until it arm

Any reason why factually correct information about yale systems is removed?

The panel has a part setting issue and does not allow correct operation.

And yes the siren does bleep and tell the world what you are doing.

is it also normal that on 10 sec. countdown( when arming the alarm) there is always an echo beep to the siren out side. i think down to 7 or 6 second the siren will start beeping until it arm

No Alarm is wrong as usual :rolleyes:

The echo beep is a user choice option.

To disable it go to the 'device' menu select 'program siren' and then select 'confirm beep off'.

s'easy. :D

Any reason why factually correct information about yale systems is removed?

The panel has a part setting issue and does not allow correct operation.

And yes the siren does bleep and tell the world what you are doing.

Because as usual you are trolling without actually the faintest idea what you are on about.

I know what and why it does what.
Trouble is you have to think about it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back