Yale keyfob to disarm HSA6400

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I recently (1 week ago) got Yale HSA6400 home alarm installed & it is working quite well. I have puchased and added a keyfob for convenience as there are little kids in the family and it is difficult to carry them upstairs to disarm the alarm.With the keyfob I have armed from inside and outside. However, I have not been able to disarm using the keyfob when entering. Each time I am holding & pressing on to 'disarm' button on the keyfob for extra seconds and repeating but it still sets of the alarm on the control panel unit and the siren mounted on the wall high up outside. This is most frustrating and embarassing as it attracts attention. Can you please help solve this situation?? Much appreciated in anticipation. Jilu

Sponsored Links
Have you set the door contact as "entry?"

Do you hear the entry countdown start when you come in through the door?

Just to expand on what John is asking.

The keyfob will only disarm the alarm when the timer is counting down. The entry sensor that triggers the countdown must be activated first.

This means that you should be able to use the fob to disarm when you enter the property from outside having first opened the entry door.

You need to designate your door sensor as an entry device though using the edit devices menu.

You will not however be able to disarm the alarm using the fob from upstairs because the entry timer will not be triggered first.

Have you set the door contact as "entry?"

Do you hear the entry countdown start when you come in through the door?

Thanks for replying.
No, I don't hear any countdown when I come in through the door - it is complete silence.
I do hear countdown when I arm with keyfob form outside the property.

Sponsored Links
Not wishing to hijack Johns post here but in answer to your response it would appear that you have not set your door contact as an entry device therefore it will not start the countdown when you come in.

You need to do the following..
pr - code - enter key
This as you know allows you into the programming menu.

Then scroll down past fault log (if shown) and walk test until you can select the 'devices' menu.

From the list that appears select 'edit devices'..

now choose the device that is your entry door. It will be DC0*?

press the tick key and you will be given a list. The cursor will be defaulted over the burglar option but you need to choose 'ENTRY'.

press tick/enter to confirm and follow the instructions which will ask you to name the device. When finished press enter and you will be back to the list of devices. Now simply press the backspace key until you hear twoo beeps and the display reads 'alarm off' again

Not wishing to hijack Johns post here but in answer to your response it would appear that you have not set your door contact as an entry device therefore it will not start the countdown when you come in.

You need to do the following..
pr - code - enter key
This as you know allows you into the programming menu.

Then scroll down past fault log (if shown) and walk test until you can select the 'devices' menu.

From the list that appears select 'edit devices'..

now choose the device that is your entry door. It will be DC0*?

press the tick key and you will be given a list. The cursor will be defaulted over the burglar option but you need to choose 'ENTRY'.

press tick/enter to confirm and follow the instructions which will ask you to name the device. When finished press enter and you will be back to the list of devices. Now simply press the backspace key until you hear twoo beeps and the display reads 'alarm off' again

Thanks a million for the step by step instruction.
It has worked wonders for me.
Jilu

With regard to mdf290's comment about disarming with key fob from upstairs. I find that when using home alarm I can both alarm and disarm from upstairs from the alarm off condition and the house secured. I get a count down when arming and just a couple of beeps when disarming. the manual is not clear on this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back