Yale HSA6000 - is this some kind of interference?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been using this for about 5 years with no trouble. Recently the alarm stopped responding to the arming/disarming signal from keyfobs (3) and the keypad in the hallway. There is no low battery warning on any of the devices, including the siren. However, if I stand outside just underneath the siren everything works (including the keypad, which is removable of course.) All I can think of is some sort of intereference. Any ideas, or will I be standing in the flowerbed from now onwards to arm and disarm?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
how old is that?

are they Alkaline batteries recently bought from a reputable supplier? See if another set works better.

If you have a wifi hub nearby, or other electrical or electronic equipment, see if the alarm works better when it is unplugged from the mains. If it does, reposition the equipment of the alarm.

It is said that baby alarms, arc-welding gear, taxi transmitters and BBC aerials can block the signal, but they are not common.

I once had a poor link when scaffolding was erected next to the control panel, and I have heard that metal reinforcement plates in plastic doors can interfere with door sensors.

If all else fails, try taking the siren off the wall and moving it around.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back