Yale Alarm disarm doesn't work 'sometimes'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 'round shaped' Yale alarm with a keypad, this has worked faultlessly for years.

However yesterday the alarm didn't disarm.

I pressed the green 'unlock' button, then the passcode, the lights on the keypad lit up as they normally do, but those flashes then stopped and the alarm didn't disarm.

Tried 4 or 5 times and then it did disarm.

This now happens every time.

It takes between 2-10 goes to disarm the alarm

It arms fine first time every time, I can even deactivate the tamper warning, so I know the signal is getting through.

I've change the batteries in the keypad, I've even stood outside right under the alarm to make sure the signal isn't blocked.

Anybody come across this before?

Sponsored Links
Just a Random guess but are all key working properly for example if your code was 1234 is the keypad only getting 234 and you start again so it’s getting 2341 etc

how old is the keypad, and how far from the siren?

Is the alarm a Yale HSA6200?

When you arm it, do you just press one button, or does it need the PIN?

how old is the keypad, and how far from the siren - probably about 10 years or so

Is the alarm a Yale HSA6200 -
not sure, how would I find out?

When you arm it, do you just press one button, or does it need the PIN - no arming just takes one button

Sponsored Links
Just a Random guess but are all key working properly for example if your code was 1234 is the keypad only getting 234 and you start again so it’s getting 2341 etc

The green button lights up with every key press and I've taken the key fob apart to see whether the buttons have worn out, but it all looks fine.

If you look up "Yale HSA6200" you will see pictures of the kit and possibly find the instructions.

It does sound like the keypad has gone faulty.

You may be able to buy a new keypad. The entire kit was around £80 I think.

You could also upgrade to HSA6400 standard by adding the control panel, but these are so good that they were (last time I looked) in great demand. It's an old design now and simpler than the current range. HSA 6200, 6300 and 6400 use the same parts, except for the control panel. The 6400 is the best of that range. They come up on Ebay sometimes. The latest range "EF" and "smart" parts are not compatible.

The best value way to get Yale parts is to buy a complete kit, for example if you need extra sensors or a second siren in a bigger house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back