Yale 6400 will not reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed a Yale 6400 a couple of months ago without any problems. I have recently experienced the same problem three times - when I try to disarm the system by pressing the green button, none of the access codes (I have 3 in the system) are accepted. As a result, after the countdown period expires, the alarm is activated.
This has happened when I reset after home arming the system, and also when I have entered the house after away arming the system.
During the latest incident we noticed that when entering the PIN code, as each digit was pressed, instead of a single beep for each key, the noise emitted was three beeps for each key press. This may have been the case on every case but hadn't been noticed.
Most times the alarm works fine but is is very disconcerting becuase when we set the alarm we do not know whether the reset procdure will work.
Any help gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
I totally agree 9651, our neighbor across the road bought a wirless micromark, that is constantly going off ( causing everyones anger to boil over) its the second one they've bought

ive ad no problems whatsover with my yale alarm,works perfectly bit hungry on the batteries but thats fine.i installed it myself very easy to fit.i dont know what your prob is though as im no :D expert sorry

Sponsored Links
I have not come accross this before unfortunately.

Does it work ok if you do not actually allow the system to set

ie press red button to arm then while it is still counting down press green followed by your code.

The three beeps you say you hear when pressing the buttons is how the system tells you that the numbers you have entered are incorrect.

I would delete your existing pin codes and enter another one from the adv settings menu.

Then while you have only one code in the system try arming and disarming again.

I also cannot understand your claim that the system is hungry on batteries??

If you installed it a couple of months ago you should not have had to change any batteries at all by now.

Usually the first batteries you need to replace are the ones in the PIR in the room you use the most and that will normally be 18months after installation.

To recap the three beeps when pressing a key is indicating that an incorrect code has been entered.
If you hear three beeps when pressing the keys press the green button again and re-enter the code.

I totally agree 9651, our neighbor across the road bought a wirless micromark, that is constantly going off ( causing everyones anger to boil over) its the second one they've bought

and that is a relevant comment in this thread because? :rolleyes:

Its as relevant as your recent contributions to other threads.

Thanks yaleguy3.
My thread got a little distorted due to others adding their'contributions'.
I have had no issues with batteries at all.
I will try the things you suggested, so thank you for your input.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back