Cant get upvc window bead out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have spent 2 hours trying to get the window bead out to replase a failed unit. i have the new one ready to fit . the beads are on the outside . Should i remove the inside gaskets first before trying to remove the bead I have wedged in two metal scrapers but no luck . Is it possible to press the glazed unit from the inside would that make them pop out any help please

Sponsored Links
yes remove the internal gaskets first, it will make like easier for you

yes it worked got them out ok . Just one more point putting them back in . do i putthe bead in first with glass pushed back if i do they dont seem to sit secure until i push the glass forward towards the bead .Whats the plan of attack please is it gaskets first thanks

beads in first like you say, then push the unit upto the beads then re insert the gasket, a lil washing up liquid might aid them going back in

Sponsored Links
thank you how much tolerance can you get away with thickness wise the unit i hav had made is 2mm thinner than the original can that be "taken up with the gasket or the rubber water seal on the end of the bead. just a blip at the death thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back