Cant get WR1 wireless thermostat to work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new British Gas WR1 wireless thermostat to replace my Honeywell direct wired thermostat. It has 4 wires Black, Brown, Grey and Earth. Im really struggling to get it working. I have pictured the honeywell.

Which wires go where on the WR1 it has 6 terminals N, L, 1, 2, 3, 4 and no seperate earth terminal. Do i need to loop any together?

Attachments

• thermostat.jpeg
    thermostat.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 2,683
Sponsored Links
Your existing thermostat looks like a Honeywell T6360. If so the wires are:

Live = terminal 1 (Brown wire presently connected)
Switched Live = terminal 3 (Grey wire presently connected)
Neutral = terminal 2 (Black wire presently connected)

My understanding is that a British Gas WR1 is a re-badged Drayton Digistat SCR. But here's the problem. The SCR has terminals marked L, N, 1, 2 & 3. There isn't a 4, so either I am mistaken, or you are. If you have the instructions for the WR1, can you post a photo of the terminal wiring diagram, or details of what the terminals are labelled.

I think the no4 terminal is redundant as there are only 5 pins on the controller not 6 , I have attached photos of the unit and wiring

Sponsored Links
Perfect.

In that case N and L are self explanatory. (Black = N & Brown =L)

As you suspected, link terminal L to 1 (C or Common)

The remaining wire (grey) is terminal 3, call for heat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back