cant open locked upvc french doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, pretty sure some skank has tried to get into my house via the upvc french doors. the left door locks at top and bottom via two latches on the side and the right door locks at the top middle and bottom via the lock. the key functions in the lock ok, turning all the way left and right but the door will not open. when i turn the key to the locked position it does not seem to lock at the top. when i unlock there is no play in the middle or bottom which makes me think it's locked in the middle and bottom all of the time. i don't think it can be the lock itself and am thinking it might be the mechanism on the side of the door but how can i get the door open to check it out. sorry if this seems long but i've tried to explain in detail what is happening. thanks, mark

Sponsored Links
Try pulling the door towards you when opening with the handle.

thanks tried that already.
new update. god knows what i did but from the outside i managed to get the door open and lift it off of the hinges. i think something in the locking mechanism is failing as the key works with the centre lock but the hooks will only open and close when i put the bar in the lower square bar hole, attach a handle and push up or down. obviously this can't be right as the handle won't fit with it in this position.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back