Can't put PIR sensor into manual override

I'm going to rewire it so that the pir has a permanent live. If that doesn't work then I'll simply put the pir and switch in parallel and use the switch in on position to provide the manual override.

Sponsored Links
Tried wiring the way I think it should be. Does the same. Tried the way I think the instructions say. Still same.

So wired switch and put in parallel as suggested here earlier and it works the way I want it to. Just can't get it to work the ways it was designed.

Anyone give an insight as to what's going on with this? Can't be two faulty units, surely?

I've left it wired up as per the work around that Taylortwocities mentioned earler in this thread but I'd like to know (cos that's the way I am) how to get it working the way the factory intended.

This will bug me until I know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for any further assistance you can give.

Anyone give an insight as to what's going on with this? Can't be two faulty units, surely?
You would think not but have wasted many hours assuming 'new product must be ok so can't be that'

As I've said, if the sensor part works satisfactorily then it must be wired correctly.

What about buying another make somewhere else and if it works taking the present one back and have a refund.

Sponsored Links
I've now wired it three different ways and the sensor works correctly for each configuration. Its just the override bit that's having none of it.

Yea could try a different model from a different outlet I guess.

I've now wired it three different ways and the sensor works correctly for each configuration. Its just the override bit that's having none of it.

Yea could try a different model from a different outlet I guess.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back