Can't resolve airlock despite all rads full...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the title says I just can't resolve an airlock which shuts the boiler off in about 3 minutes, no hot water or heating for days now :(

Every radiator is full of water, both header tanks are full and I have had the pump on for ages, changing speed to try and force air out.

When I open the bleed screw near the hot water tank nothing comes out though, so this must be my problem but no idea how to resolve it..... Have tried with pump on and off - don't know which way is best - but no air/water come out either way.

I had the same problem 2 wks ago and 40 quid later it was resolved, so putting this post up as a last resort before calling the man in!....

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Can I ask why it would be that? As the plumber only recently resolved this without doing anything to the feed?

I should have mentioned in my first post that I have created these issues by replacing radiators in the house, it seems my heating cannot cope with any disruption to it, airlocks every time.

If it is the feed, then where is this located please?

Sponsored Links
Solved it!!

Wasn't a supply / feed problem, just airlocked.

Trick was to open screw on pump face for a full 5 minutes :eek: .... Any less didn't get it all out, never knew more than a few seconds was required....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back