Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ideal Boiler
Danfoss FP715 timer
Heatmiser PRT room stat
Sunvic SD 2701 3-way valve
Danfoss AT tank stat

I run this system with central heating on constant, timings controlled by the Heatmiser thermostat. I switched the CH off a week ago (at the Danfoss timer). Put it back on yesterday at wife's insistance, and an old problem has returned where I cannot get the CH pump to run without having the HW on and the tank stat triggered. This results in very hot water since I have to keep turning it up. I know that I will turn the system off again soon, but would like to get this sorted before next winter. I am assuming a timer or motorised valve head fault. Any ideas or checks that I should make? - at one point yesterday, the Danfoss timer was going a bit mad with both HW and CH lights flashing and clicking on and off, so maybe the fault is the timer?

Sponsored Links
The standard reply would be change the 3 way valve head, but as you indicate this programmer fault, I would check all wiring connections are tight, then reset the timer.

If this does not work, I would link out the live and heating terminals with the timer removed. If the ch works ok, replace the programmer.

check the programmer is secure on the backplate

if so sounds like programmer is gubbed

Thanks for the response - I understand this as connecting the live feed to the HTG on terminal - is that what you mean? If I do that, what should happen?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back